Looking for ideas on how to improve your kitchen on a budget? Here are 9 tricks that can increase efficiency and space but won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
1) Use a tension rod to suspend cleaning items.
2) Create inexpensive pull-outs. If you have deep cabinets, this can save you a lot of time and grief. (Don’t forget to label!)
3) Use the back of your pantry door (or any door near the kitchen) to store additional items.
4) Use an over the door shoe hanger to store kitchen items and tools.
5) If your laundry closet is off the kitchen, add additional shelves to increase storage.
6) Label, label, and label some more. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, labeling is very important! It helps communicate to everyone in your living quarters where to find and return items, and it helps you remember where things belong.
7) Use tension rods to organize and store cutting boards, cookie sheets, platters, etc.
8) Use a magazine holder to store wraps and foils upright in your cabinet.
9) Use wire shelves and turn tables to help organize your fridge and increase storage space.